European Gas Development
EU Gas Regulation (EC) 715/2009 requires ENTSOG to develop the TYNDP on a biennial basis.
The principal aim of the TYNDP is to provide a consistent view of the pan-European gas infrastructure and signal potential gaps in future investment.
The plan also endeavours to capture the wider dynamics of the European gas market by looking at supply potential, market integration and security of supply.
Gas Regional Investment Plan (GRIPS)
Based on an analysis of transmission system interconnections and operation, as well as infrastructure development needs, the ENTSOG TSOs agreed on six regional groupings, in some cases overlapping, to develop the first GRIPS.
Six Regional Groupings:
– GRIP North-West: coordinator GTS (NL)
– GRIP South: coordinator GRTgaz (FR)
– GRIP CEE: coord. BOG (AT) & GAZ-SYSTEM (PL)
– GRIP BEMIP: coordinator Amber Grid (LT)
– GRIP Southern Corridor: coordinator DESFA (GR)
– GRIP South-North Corridor: coord. SRG (IT) & Fluxys (BE)
The requirement to promote regional cooperation is enshrined in EU Directive 2009/73/EC and further detailed by EU Gas Regulation (EC) 715/2009, which requires European TSOs to publish Gas Regional Investment Plans (GRIPs) on a biennial basis. Read more.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE IMPACT ASSESSMENT accompanying the COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) …/… of XXX establishing a network code on harmonised transmission tariff structures for gas and the COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No …/.. of XXX establishing a Network Code on Capacity Allocation Mechanisms in Gas Transmission Systems and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 984/2013
Security of gas supply
Regulation (EU) 2017/1938 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2017, concerning measures to safeguard the security of gas supply and repealing Regulation (EU) No 994/2010 New SOS Regulation
- Commission proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security COM (2016) 52
- Annexes to the proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security
- Impact assessment of the proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security – executive summary
- Impact assessment of the proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security
- Factsheet on EU gas supply security More
GET IN TOUCH
EEU EUROPA knows the importance of meeting the right people in the right environment. Our events are invitation only, but if you are interested in attending in person, please contact us at
Our interest and the interest of European Union is to have a fair competition in wholesale energy markets.