European Gas Operation
The ACER’s intention is also to review and assess whether remedies are needed, when it comes to:
• different capacity products on offer
• different contractual terms and definitions
• design and procedures of virtual trading points, once the NC Balancing is implemented
• secondary capacity markets and ways to facilitate secondary capacity trading
Gas TSO’s transparency platform
For all Member States of European Union it is important to ensure that consumers and other market participants can have confidence in the integrity of electricity and gas markets, that prices set on wholesale energy markets reflect a fair and competitive interplay between supply and demand, and that no profits can be drawn from market abuse.
The goal of increased integrity and transparency of wholesale energy markets should be to foster open and fair competition in wholesale energy markets for the benefit of final consumers of energy.
For more information about the transparency in European energy market, please consult the REMIT section on our website.
REMIT – Regulation no 1227/2011
Operational, technical, communications and business-wise interoperability is a prerequisite for the good functioning and the integration of gas markets. The lack of harmonisation in these areas poses barriers to cross-border gas transport and to the creation of an integrated and competitive internal European energy market.
the establishment and/or amendment of Interconnection Agreements (including default rules on e.g. flow control, measurement principles, matching processes & allocation of gas quantities, exceptional events and amendment procedures for the Interconnection Agreements),
a common set of units to be applied,
the managing of gas quality differences & the monitoring of gas quality,
common data exchange solutions,
and dispute resolution. Source: ACER
Security of gas supply
- Commission proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security COM (2016) 52
- Annexes to the proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security
- Impact assessment of the proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security – executive summary
- Impact assessment of the proposal on new rules for EU gas supply security
- Factsheet on EU gas supply security More
COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No …/.. of XXX Establishing a Network Code on Capacity Allocation Mechanisms in Gas Transmission Systems and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 984/2013
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE IMPACT ASSESSMENT accompanying the COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) …/… of XXX establishing a network code on harmonised transmission tariff structures for gas and the COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No …/.. of XXX establishing a Network Code on Capacity Allocation Mechanisms in Gas Transmission Systems and repealing Commission Regulation (EU) No 984/2013
For more documents, please contact us at email@example.com
Our interest and the interest of European Union is to have a fair competition in wholesale energy markets.
Phone: +40 787 621 783